EA SPORTS FIFA MANAGER 14 Forum: Edit current database. - EA SPORTS FIFA MANAGER 14 Forum

Seite 1 von 1
  • Kein neues Thema möglich
  • Antworten nicht möglich

Edit current database.

#1 Mitglied ist offline   SosaXXX 

• Managerlevel 0
  • Gruppe: User

Geschrieben 02. November 2010 - 15:46

Hi all I was wondering if someone could help me,

I edited the database quit a lot, most of them cosmetic changes , like team's names / kit colors etc....
Now I'm playing my newly edited database.
Now, I found out that I forgot to change a couple of really small things in the db I'm currently playing.
I tried to edit them, but, for some reason, I couldn't load my database anymore in the editor.
So, I had to restore the original db.

This means that I will have to re-edit everything again from scratch.

So, here's the question:
Is there a way to edit the database from the savegame I'm currently playing?
I believe I had this working in FM07 (or FM08) by copying the savegame db over the original db using a tool.

Any help is greatly appreciated, it will save me like 4 hours of work.

TIA,

Sosa

#2 Mitglied ist offline   Leonid N 

• Managerlevel 3

Geschrieben 02. November 2010 - 17:54

No there is no way to edit db in an alredy started game.
next time when you edit press SAVE-this way all you did will stay in the db,after this you can write it in the game and if you forgot something you can go back and add changes.

#3 Mitglied ist offline   SosaXXX 

• Managerlevel 0

Geschrieben 02. November 2010 - 19:56

Thanks for the info, I will keep trying though.
The editor saves the edited db to a different location then the original.
When you press 'write current db to game' , it creates a copy of the db with the changes to a folder so you can use it for a new game.

If you then don't save the edited db, all changes will be lost and you end up with the original db.
So, then there are 2 db's (original and the edited db).
Do you know the locations of these 2 db's?

There has to be a way to swap them.

#4 Mitglied ist offline   Leonid N 

• Managerlevel 3

Geschrieben 02. November 2010 - 20:06

Beitrag anzeigenSosaXXX sagte am 02.11.2010 - 22:56:

Thanks for the info, I will keep trying though.
The editor saves the edited db to a different location then the original.
When you press 'write current db to game' , it creates a copy of the db with the changes to a folder so you can use it for a new game.

If you then don't save the edited db, all changes will be lost and you end up with the original db.
So, then there are 2 db's (original and the edited db).
Do you know the locations of these 2 db's?

There has to be a way to swap them.

When you press 'write current db to game' the game writes all data in to a file called master.dat,this file cant be open or edited,the same file the saved game file itself that holds all data in it(even if you will change lots of things in the saved game they will stay the same)
so if you made changes and didnt press save the changes will work only from this file untill you will write database in to the game again-then the current db will be writen in to master.dat and overwrite the previus one.
so just press save after changes othewise the changes are in game only and unique.

#5 Mitglied ist offline   iceman_92_nufc 

• Managerlevel 0

Geschrieben 03. November 2010 - 04:47

Beitrag anzeigenSosaXXX sagte am 02.11.2010 - 15:46:

Hi all I was wondering if someone could help me,

I edited the database quit a lot, most of them cosmetic changes , like team's names / kit colors etc....
Now I'm playing my newly edited database.
Now, I found out that I forgot to change a couple of really small things in the db I'm currently playing.
I tried to edit them, but, for some reason, I couldn't load my database anymore in the editor.
So, I had to restore the original db.

This means that I will have to re-edit everything again from scratch.

So, here's the question:
Is there a way to edit the database from the savegame I'm currently playing?
I believe I had this working in FM07 (or FM08) by copying the savegame db over the original db using a tool.

Any help is greatly appreciated, it will save me like 4 hours of work.

TIA,

Sosa

Beitrag anzeigenLeonid N sagte am 02.11.2010 - 20:06:

When you press 'write current db to game' the game writes all data in to a file called master.dat,this file cant be open or edited,the same file the saved game file itself that holds all data in it(even if you will change lots of things in the saved game they will stay the same)
so if you made changes and didnt press save the changes will work only from this file untill you will write database in to the game again-then the current db will be writen in to master.dat and overwrite the previus one.
so just press save after changes othewise the changes are in game only and unique.

You need to set a system restore point for your database. Make sure your db files are backed up in a different location everytime you update it. Thenceworth everytime you have a problem, just revert back to your earlier updated
database instead of the default one. Its messy, but also pretty logical and easy.

Dieses Thema teilen:

Seite 1 von 1
  • Kein neues Thema möglich
  • Antworten nicht möglich

1 Besucher lesen dieses Thema
Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1, unsichtbare Mitglieder: 0